Friday, December 19, 2008

The Perfect Man

As a kid, I had a poster on my door with a picture of a gingerbread man and a caption that read “The perfect man…. He’s quiet, he’s sweet, and if he gives you any crap, you can bite off his head.” I thought it was funny when I was younger and don’t think I fully understood its implications as I had not started dating.

After some not-so-perfect cookies whose heads I would surely bite off, I can say I have finally found the perfect man! His name is Toby and he is very mature for his age….

Yes my 4 year old dog is the perfect man.

While at the dog park this weekend, an older woman remarked to me that she thought Toby was a perfect gentleman and said she wished she could find a man like him. He certainly is a gentleman – he has great manners, he minds his own business when he is around other dogs, he doesn’t bark much, and he just wants to cuddle.

I got to thinking about that poster that used to hang on my door…. Maybe there is something to be said about an ever-faithful companion that cannot talk back to you.

No comments: