Friday, July 3, 2009

Dignified and Adult

I ever do get around to writing a blog entry, here's another topic for my list!

Why on earth do people go to the trouble of "un-friending" you on facebook?  

I just find that terribly childish.  I mean really... is it worth the effort of un-friending (not that it takes a tremendous amount of labor) just to make a statement that you are clearly NOT friends with someone, lest anyone suspect otherwise?  

Do you remember my friend (we'll call her) Sheila?  I'm sure you've heard stories.  If not, the long and the short of it is that she wasn't very good at being a friend.  She said some crummy things after my miscarriage and then failed to show any excitement when I got pregnant again, to which I took offense.  These being the latest acts in years of unsupportive behavior, I'd had enough.  We haven't really talked since.  No blow-out, no fight, we just kind of fell out of touch.  That's the dignified and adult way to un-friend someone!  

I saw her at a mutual friend's baby shower, no problems.  We were very civil and very friendly to each other.  I don't talk about her with our mutual friend.  It was all very mature.  However, I JUST noticed that she removed me as a friend on facebook.  It must have been within the past couple of months because I didn't notice it until very recently. 

That just seems silly to me.   Why bother?

No comments: